ANDRONICUS webcomic

Monday, November 30th, 2015 saw the introduction of ANDRONICUS, my new webcomic.


This is something I've been developing for the past year, my sci-fi adaptation of Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare. I found the play to be fascinating and, the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was something I wanted to work with. I've added a few concepts into it, things that I have been developing in other stories, some twists and explorations in the story and its themes of vengeance and obsession.

As much as I love Shakespearean dialogue, it doesn't always translate well on the printed page, however. So, rather than simply annotating every line to explain the various meanings, I went with much more of a contemporary approach to the dialogue. So you won't be seeing a lot of 'thees' and 'thous' in the piece.

Currently, the cover and the first four pages are up. I'll be adding a new page ever Monday (roughly - once a week, anyway). It's completely free to read, so please check it out!

Comments