Cyberpunk Nightclub Painting

Several models helped with this one.


We have Emily, Selina, August, and my assistant, Kelsie, in this one. I've brought together several ideas I've been working with this past year into this piece, both in individual robot designs and the overall setting and mood. In many ways, it's the most personal piece I've done in a long time.

It's also the last robot piece I'll be doing for a while. For the next few months, in addition to my regular commission and teaching work, I'm finally going ahead with a massive project that I've been developing for the past year, something that will be consuming a lot of my time and will be preventing me from working on many pieces like this. While I'm sure that I will still do the occasional new robot piece (there are far too many ideas I've got going to ever really want to stop them), most of my time will be spent on this other huge project, something that I will be announcing in the next week or two. I'm even putting off all further photo shoots until at least the spring or summer of 2016.

Prints and other projects featuring this image can be found on my RedBubble Gallery. I have to say, I'm a bit tempted to pick up the laptop skin of this image for myself - it looks very sharp, and would be a great conversation piece.

Also, be sure to check out my Facebook page. And keep an eye out for my upcoming announcement about this major project here and on my Twitter page.

Comments