Retro Robots Construction Laboratory

Sometimes, these pieces edge closer and closer to being covers from old issues of Amazing Stories.


This was a case of having three photos of Monique with the same lighting conditions, each one I liked equally well, and not being able to decide which one to work with. Then I realized they would work really well together. I tinker with the idea of paintings depicting how these robots are built within their universe, and this one seems to be about the creation of one with much more of the 'glass energy' effects built into them, with the red one in the foreground perhaps being the template for their design, while still being built on an earlier motif. Or something. I really just wanted to play with glass effects.

Prints of this piece can be purchased on my RedBubble gallery. You should also go take a look at the Facebook page of the lovely Monique!

Comments