Giant Destroyed Robot

Definitely a high-concept piece.


Quite often in photo shoots, I'll have the models do some random things with no concrete plan as to how they will be used in a final piece. In this case, during my last shoot with Emily, I had her climbing up onto a kitchen counter in her house, playing with angles and lighting and such. Months later, when planning out a shoot with Selina, I got the idea of Selina as a giant robot that had been partially destroyed, and one of those climbing shots of Emily would really work climbing inside of her head. Kind of like how in so many post-apocalyptic or disaster movies set in New York, part of the Statue of Liberty's face is torn away and the superstructure is visible. Only in this case, I went with a futuristic Calgary for inspiration for the background.

Prints of this piece are available for purchase at this link. And don't forget to check out my Facebook page for more of my work.

Comments