Giant Robot Painting and 2014 In Review

Here we have my final painting of 2014.


It's another giant robot piece with the two Erins (I've taken to calling them Erin^2), only this time I reversed them, with Laydee Erin as the giant robot and Erin B as the human-sized one. A fun bit in a world that certainly looks worse for wear. Prints of this piece are available for purchase at this link.

I had set a couple of goals for myself for 2014, one of which I exceeded, the other I did not. First, I was hoping to do one new robot painting every week during the year. I ended up with 57 done in 52 weeks, so not bad at all. Especially considering how many conventions and teaching contracts, not to mention pencil illustrations and other work, I had throughout the year. I probably won't be doing quite so many in 2015, as I am embarking on another rather large project in a month or two...or perhaps I'll still do that many, I don't know. I certainly enjoy working with the models I collaborate with and painting these, so we will see how things turn out.

The second goal that I didn't hit was doing a blog post every weekday. I don't feel too bad about that, however, as I did post over double the number of blog posts in 2014 than I had in any single year before that, so not bad at all. Hopefully, I'll continue doing a similar amount of posting in 2015 as well.

I released a book of my collected robot photography (including some of my new robot paintings) this year, was the artist guest of honour at a fantasy/sci-fi convention, and started teaching, not to mention moving to a new apartment after living in the same place for close to eighteen years. 2014 was certainly an eventful time, full of new friends, new challenges, and continued improvement in my own work.

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2015 to one and all! And a big thank you to all of my readers here, on Twitter, and on Facebook!

Comments