Robot and Dragon pencil illustration

I haven't done one of these for a while, a pencil illustration.


This piece had quite a few inspirations. First, when the model, Luna, and I were coming up with ideas for a shoot, one that she had was a robot holding a dragon. So, yeah, that's a pretty clear line right there. In addition, however, I've been having conversation recently about doing a robot dragon painting, working that into the whole gothic project, and it just reminded me about this set up. So it was a good way to play with robots and dragons on a smaller scale in preparation for later paintings.

This piece is for sale, by the way - it's 10"x15", and available for $150. Contact me for more information.

Also, go take a look and 'like' my Facebook art page to see lots and lots more stuff, including a prelim of this piece.

Comments