Painting Process: Cyberpunk Painting 019

It's been a few weeks since I last posted one of these. As I said earlier, things have been pretty crazy lately.


This one started with Lisa. That mask construct she's wearing is based on the sort of mask you wear with a C-PAP, a device to aid in sleeping for people with sleep apnea, and it made a nice variation of the normal gas mask iconography I've been using.


Adding some depth to the scene with some illustrations of Jamie and Kelsie in the background.


I really needed to move that hose from around her, lifting it up a little bit.


Dropping in some colour layers for painting. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do with regards to a very complex background design, but just left it blank for the moment.


Deep background painting done. This is very complex, far more than I would have wanted to lay down initially. Rather, I let inspiration take hold as I built it up.


The rest of the setting is painted in.


The small creepy JamieBot and KelsieBots painted in.


Lisa's right arm painted. The piece is coming together here.


Basic metal modelling completed. There is plenty of colour separation here, but needs some more atmospheric effects as well as lighting and polishing.


And the piece is finished. Fog effects added in, more colour tweaking. In print, this piece really pops.

Prints of this piece can be purchased at this link.

Comments