Calgary Expo 2012 Roundup

Well, it's been a week since the convention ended and I thought I'd write up about my experiences at the 2012 Calgary Expo.

Right off the top, I'd like to say that, from an exhibitor's point of view, the event went very well. I do know that there were problems on the Saturday (which I don't need to go into here, as they have been covered elsewhere), but they seemed to have fixed the bulk of them by Sunday.

The event was rather overwhelming. This was the largest show I had ever been to, and the largest I am likely to attend for the near future. It also wound up being my most successful show, both at the show itself and for getting several gigs after the show. All in all, it was very much worth my time going and I'm already discussing plans to attend again next year with other artists.

Much of my and my assistant's experiences are best summed up in this video I finished yesterday. Kelsie, my assistant (and the aptly-named Miss Potts in the video) introduces and narrates the trip, and I hope you all find it entertaining. It also contains a lot of photography from around the convention.


Here's also a sampling of that photography:







The following photo is Kelsie with Alina Pete of the webcomic Weregeek.


Next, a photo of Kelsie with Jeph Jacques of Questionable Content.


Here, she's with Danielle Corsetto of Girls With Slingshots.


And with Ryan Sohmer and Lar deSouza of Least I Could Do and Looking For Group.







Here we have me, Kelsie, and Victoria all with Bob Layton, of Iron Man fame.



Finally, yes, I did get my laptop signed by Wil Wheaton.


So, yeah. My art went over very well, and it's making me look forward to more conventions. Kudos to everyone involved to make it such a successful show!

Comments