More Robots and Dolls

I thought I would post a few more of my Gothic Robot and Ball Jointed Doll photos that I've been working on for the past few months.



Another steampunk robot picture of my friend Jamie.

Prints are available for purchase here.


This is easily my favourite Steampunk robot photo that I've done thus far, and it's also the most complex. It was more of a found photograph as well, as Jamie had been fixing her hair in the middle of the shoot to switch from one style of photography to another, and I found I really liked how she looked in the reflection. So, I ended up taking a few photos of her in front of the mirror, and then this happened.

Prints are available for purchase here.


Another new steampunk robot shoot. This was even more complex as the two models do overlap, and I had hoped to create a slightly different character for each of them.

Prints can be purchased here.


Another picture of the always lovely Jamie as a steampunk robot. This has been one of my favourite series since I've started doing this gothic photography.

Prints are available for purchase here.


This may be my favourite doll photo that I've ever done. Certainly it was one of the more complex ones, having Jamie sitting in a variety of positions on her couch to get the requisite data. The posters of Kelsie and Cat on the wall work for me as well.

Prints are available for purchase at this link.


Here's a particularly odd one of my assistant, Kelsie. She does this twisty thing with her back when she needs to crack it and she did it in the middle of a recent shoot. Inspired by it, I had her repeat the action in the other direction and it, in turn, inspired this rather odd photo.

Prints are available for purchase here.


This rather striking robot edit of Kelsie will undoubtedly be my last photo of 2011.

Prints are available here.


A ball-jointed doll piece with Nikola and Kelsie, my first piece of the new year. A further refinement of my doll editing process.

Prints available for purchase here.


I'm not sure if there is any significance to the water...it just seemed like an interesting detail to add in.

Prints available for purchase here.


Because of how much of a close-up this picture was, I decided to really expand the number of joints, including almost all finger joints. The both looked so sad that I had to add in tears.

Prints available here.

These and other examples of my Gothic Photography can all be seen at my gothic photography blog.








Comments