Tomb of Dracula Thursdays - page 12



Now I've got a lot more effects going on. Which makes sense, as Doc is projecting the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak through the Rings of Raggador and all...so, yeah. A lot more flash, a lot more levels to the effects, a lot more colour holds.

I still refrained from knocking back Dracula's mist form, however, to really create a difference in Doc's mystical effects and Drac's vampire nature (which, yeah, is also mystical...ah, I just like keeping the characters separate).

Oh, one thing in the second panel - the lineart at the very bottom indicates the possibility of Drac turning into mist already, so I decided to morph the colours into the greens that I like for that form. It isn't overwhelming, but I like how it blends into the fourth panel.

This book was written by Marv Wolfman, with artwork by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer, and lettering by John Costanza.

See the original blog post about this project to learn more of the story behind why I'm colouring this issue.

Comments