Tomb of Dracula Thursdays - page 05



Remember what I said about Dracula being dead? Well, I'm really gonna hammer that idea home with his skin tones throughout this.

I did do a funky painted texture within the lineart of the third panel - I thought this went well with the ALL IS SWIMMING IN RED text. Otherwise, only the astral form stuff has been colour held.

I kept a modest yellow energy colouring around Wong in the sixth panel, but didn't do any actual line-affecting FX as not to draw too much attention to it. I figure the colour difference should be enough, going with the style I'm bringing to this book.

This book was written by Marv Wolfman, with artwork by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer, and lettering by John Costanza.

See the original blog post about this project to learn more of the story behind why I'm colouring this issue.

Comments

Eric San Juan said…
This looks great, Ian. Your choices give the page a nice, soft tone that really works well with the art.
Ian Sokoliwski said…
Thanks, Mistah President :)

I'm having a blast working on this!